|CC Castaneda, aka Cristina Fender (2014)|
She began writing about Bipolar Disorder in 2006 and wrote two award winning blogs called Raw Writing for the Real World of Bipolar and Bipolar Vida for HealthyPlace.com and a book entitled Reaching for Sanity. She withdrew from writing in 2010 and returned in 2013. She was misdiagnosed as a bipolar disorder patient and proclaims that her newfound clarity can be attributed to an organic diet free from chemicals and pharmaceuticals.
She has much to say about western medicine and her medical diagnosis of 'Psychogenic Movement Disorder'. She suffers from uncontrollable movements in the body that also cause stiffness and extreme pain in the joints affected on a daily basis. Her mental capabilities are beginning to ebb due to cognitive dysfunction problems such as short term memory loss, difficulty with word recognition and problem solving. Her journey to wellness is documented so that other's may benefit from her story.
CC's activism work began in 2013 when she led March Against Monsanto in Austin, TX and has continued with her work as Patient Coordinator of Central Texas NORML Alliance. Living in Texas and trying to get the medicine she needs has proven to be difficult (illegal, but not impossible). There is much research that suggests that cannabis can slow down the progression of neurological disorders, not to mention give her the pain relief that she desperately needs.
She's passionate about food and advises all to eat an organic diet. CC continues her work as a mental health advocate by promoting mindfulness, meditation, an organic diet, and cannabis to heal the mind. The fact that the body is also made healthy due to cannabis just allows the synapses in the brain to function at an optimal level. Health is the key to an enlightenment of the entire being.
If you are new to this blog, then please feel free to take a look around. On the side bar you will find links to every post she's written on this blog. CC recommends that you start with these posts to acquaint yourself with her story:
- One Voice was written at the beginning of CC's activist days.
- What are GMOs? is great info for everyone. Pesticides play a key in everyone's health.
- CC's doctor tells her that all patients are just guinea pigs in Suck it, Big Pharma!
- CC writes about her first neurological specialist visit in Guinea Pig.
- Pretty Little Poison Pills is Part II of Guinea Pig.
- Antipsychotic Medications Gave Me Tardive Dyskinesia explains what happened between CC's days at writing for Bipolar Vida and here.
- A Journey to Self Diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease explains why CC believes her self diagnosis is correct and essential to learning how to heal her body.
- Eastern Medicine Kind of Girl details CC's last appointment with Dr. Varga and her new diagnosis of "undiagnosed neurological disorder".
- A Medical Diagnosis of Psychogenic Movement Disorder features CC's trip to the Texas Medical Center to see the best neurologist in Texas.
- Functional Neurological Disorder Acceptance explains why CC went from being a non-believer to accepting Functional Neurological Disorder as her diagnosis.
A Pregnant Woman Lives Through PostPartum Psychosis
Sign up for blog updates to be sent to your email in the side bar.